Weight loss programs are everywhere and many of them are difficult to understand. The specifics of our weight loss program depends on each client’s health history and weight loss goals, and the weight loss program we recommend for most clients involves a 2-phased approach.
- Eat 6 times a day, every 2 ½ to 3 hours
- Eat 5 medically formulated meals
- Eat 1 meal you prepare yourself within our guidelines—yes, restaurant food fits into these guidelines too!
- Drink at least 64 ounces of calorie-free beverage, with 80 to 100 ounces producing faster results
This eating protocol supplies about 2000 calories worth of nutrition daily in significantly smaller amounts of food, keeping the body well-nourished and allowing a mild state of fat burning. It generally takes about 3 days to enter fat burning. Once there, you experience more energy and low hunger.
As you approach your ideal weight, we enter into phase 2.
- Transition off of the medical meals to the food of your choice
- Create an individualized set of food and meal options as part of your eating plan that accounts for
- Maintaining your ideal weight
- Your level of physical activity
- Practice healthy lifestyle habits that move you further on the path to Optimal Health. Depending on your desires and goals, these include
- Portion controlled, nutritionally balanced meals
- Movement and exercise that fits into your lifestyle]
- Sufficient and restful sleep
- Stress reduction and stress management techniques
- Cultivating a connection to what is most meaningful in your life